Information, ad rates, and inquiries about advertising on the AAPI’s website please Contact AAPI Office at 630-990-2277.
Ads on the AAPI website conform with standard sizes suggested by the voluntary Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). We accept ads that appear on the banner on the homepage. Along with paid ads, AAPI house ads are placed on the site to help promote various AAPI services and products that are of interest to physicians.
Ads appearing on the AAPI website are directed toward physicians. Some pages on the website have been identified as not appropriate for commercial ads. On those pages we feature only "AAPI house ads" that promote AAPI products and services.
Online advertisements on the AAPI’s website do not collect personally identifiable information about individual visitors. The AAPI does collect nonmedical aggregate data on visitors, such as time of day and Web browser type. Such information may be shared with advertisers to determine their advertising effectiveness.
The AAPI websites may contain advertisements of third parties. The inclusion of advertisements on the AAPI websites does not imply endorsement of the advertised products or services by AAPI. AAPI shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the presence of such advertisements on the AAPI websites. Further, AAPI shall not be responsible or liable for the statements or conduct of any third party advertisers appearing on the AAPI websites. You shall be solely responsible for any correspondence or transactions you have with any third party advertisers.
The AAPI websites may provide links (including any link through an on-line banner advertisement) to other sites on the Internet for your convenience. These other sites are maintained by third parties over which AAPI exercises no control. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the AAPI websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
These principles are applied by the AAPI to ensure adherence to the highest ethical standards of advertising and to determine the eligibility of products and services for advertising on the AAPI websites.
The appearance of advertising on the AAPI websites is neither a guarantee nor an endorsement by the AAPI of the product, service, or company or the claims made for the product in such advertising. The fact that an advertisement for a product, service, or company has appeared on the AAPI websites shall not be referred to in collateral advertising.
As a matter of policy, the AAPI will sell advertising space on its websites when the inclusion of advertising does not interfere with the mission or objectives of the AAPI or its publications.
To maintain the integrity of the AAPI websites, advertising (i.e., promotional material, advertising representatives, companies, or manufacturers) cannot influence editorial decisions or editorial content. Decisions to sell advertising space are made independently of and without information pertinent to specific editorial content. The AAPI websites' advertising sales representatives have no prior knowledge of specific editorial content before it is published including all content posted on the AAPI website.
The AAPI, in its sole discretion, retains the right to decline any submitted advertisement or to discontinue posting of any advertisement previously accepted.
1. Digital advertising may be placed on the AAPI website.
2. Digital advertisements must be readily distinguishable from editorial content. The word "advertisement" must be placed adjacent to the advertising image.
3. Digital advertisements may appear as fixed banners or as animated advertisements.
4. Digital advertisements that are fixed in relation to the viewer's screen or that rotate should be placed to ensure that juxtaposition will not occur as screen content changes.
6. The AAPI logo may not appear on commercial websites as a logo or in any other form without prior written approval by the individuals responsible for the respective areas within AAPI.
7. Advertisements may link to additional promotional content that resides on the AAPI website.
8. Advertisements may link off-site to a commercial website, provided that the viewer is clearly informed by the word "advertisement" adjacent to the image or link.
9. The AAPI will not link to Web sites that frame the AAPI website content without express permission of the AAPI; prevent the viewer from returning to the AAPI website or other previously viewed screens, such as by disabling the viewer's "back" button; or redirect the viewer to a website the viewer did not intend to visit.
10. The AAPI reserves the right to not link to or to remove links to other websites.