GSK, the makers of alli® (orlistat 60mg capsules) is proud to provide information and resources on overweight and obesity. alli® is approved for weight loss in overweight adults (18 and older) when used along with a reduced-calorie and low fat diet. alli ®comes with a free behavioral support plan that was created by world-leading experts in weight loss.
In this section you will find 4 clinical backgrounders that highlight some of the clinical data for alli®. You will also find the alli® Gateway which contains five modules. The modules contain the following:
- Problem and prevalence of obesity and overweight
- Economic and social costs
- Health risks of overweight and obesity
- Visceral fat and the health consequences
- Benefits of weight loss
- Plans on how sustain weight loss
- Diet and exercise tips
Modules 4 &5
- An overview of the regulatory process for drug approval
- An overview of dietary supplements and programs that make weight loss claims
- Provide an overview of the efficacy, safety, and how to use for alli® efficacy, safety, and an overview of the Behavioral Support Plan
For more information on alli or to speak with someone from GSK, please call:
Orlistat for the management of overweight individuals and obesity: a review of potential for the 60 mg, over-the-counter dosage.
Anderson. Expet Opin Pharmacother
Orlistat in the long term treatment of obesity in primary care settings.
Hauptman J, Lucas C, Boldrin MN, Collins H, Segal KR. Arch Fam Med
Weight loss, weight management, and improved cardiovascular risk factors after 2 years of treatment with orlistat for obesity.
Rossner S, Sjostrom L, Noack R, Meinders AE, Noseda G. Obes Res
Compliance, behaviour change, and weight loss with orlistat in an over-the-counter setting.
Schwartz SM, Bansal VP, Hale C, Rossi M, Engle JP. Obesity
To speak with a GSK or alli representative for further questions, call 1-877-GSKalli (1.877.475.2554).